Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!!!



Turning 45 was a very upsetting thing for me, I am not sure why. Maybe it's because it's so close to 50, maybe it's because I still have so much to do still and I feel like I am running out of time, who knows. All I know is that I was terrified. I looked around the table the night of my birthday dinner and realized that even if I am old I am truly blessed to have such an amazing and eclectic group of friends in my life today. From old friends like Jeri, who I have known for 27 years to new friends like Shasta who I have only had the pleasure of knowing for a couple of months to everything in between. It is amazing to me that these beautiful wonderful men and women came out to celebrate my birth! What a great night it was and I will forever be thankful to those whose path has crossed mine and have given me such laughter and joy. Thank you my friends for a wonderful birthday. A special thanks to Chels for putting it all together and Beau for driving so I could just relax and have a good time!! I love all of you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday several days late,
Sweetheart!!!!
45 ain't so bad and 50 was positively fabulous so don't worry.
I am so proud of all you have accomplished and yes you do have more to do so don't get complacent, lady. Stick with you program and make those dreams come true. Lots of people have done great things when they were older. YOU WILL TOO!!!!!!!!