Sunday, January 16, 2011

Here we go....


I am a little late on my holiday and new year posts but when recovering from a hysterectomy your mind is a little preoccupied. First the surgery went very well. The entire procedure took less than an hour I am told and I was up walking around the following day. The pathology came back free of cancer which is GREAT news. I am still a little sore when I do things I am not supposed to do( like pick Grand babies up!), but mostly I am doing very well and thankful for all the help I got from family and friends. I was lucky to be able to stay with Laura when I got out of the hospital. Mia and Tres helped to take very good care of me and I had a blast spending time with my sister, who has truly become my best friend. I came home in time to spend Christmas day with my wonderful Husband, my son, Archer and Murdoc! What a treat to see those beautiful babies open presents and play with the wrapping paper and boxes! The rest of the holidays were spent recovering and taking it easy, spending time with my good friend Janie, who was nice enough to come over and help me out while Deshawn was at work.
Now my long winter holiday is coming to an end. Deshawn and I both go back to school this coming week. We are both excited to get back to it and I am looking forward to getting another semester closer to my degree! So far 2011 is looking good...and i am looking forward to seeing old friends, making new ones and having a great adventure with my wonderful partner in life.

No comments: